The SAR conference is an academic event whose costs are covered by registration fees. These fees are relatively low compared to academic conferences in other disciplines. However, we want to ensure that we do not exclude participants and presenters who do not have a permanent academic position or an institutional affiliation that would cover the cost of the conference fees by default or on special request. Therefore, the SAR conference operates with a reduced fee for participants who are individual SAR members without institutional affiliation and employment. In order to maintain this model, we count on the solidarity of institutional representatives for non-institutional participants, in addition to the financial commitment of NTNU as the host university.
Conference fees are applicable according to the following categories:
- Participants without individual or institutional SAR membership: NOK 3.500.
- Participants from SAR institutional member organisations: NOK 2.500. To register in this category, you must use your institutional email address
- Participants who are individual SAR members with institutional affiliation and employment, (i.e. higher educational institutions, cultural organisations etc.): NOK 2.500.
- Participants who are individual SAR members without institutional affiliation and employment: NOK 800. To register in this category, you must be an individual SAR member without an art related institutional employment.
- Students: NOK 800. A copy of a valid student card must be provided to receive your registration credential at the conference
Kindly be aware that both individual and institutional SAR members, must have paid the 2023 annual fee before the conference.
Conference fees are to be paid in Norwegian Krone, NOK. The fees can be paid by credit card during the registration process or by invoice.
The fees include 25% Value Added Tax (VAT), which is required by the Norwegian government. The registration fee includes access to all sessions, three lunches, coffee/tea breaks and the Welcome Reception.
Please note that the SAR General Assembly (GA) 2023 will take place at Olavshallen on April 20 at 16:00 CEST. It is open for SAR Institutional Members’ nominated representatives as well as the individual members. Kindly indicate if you are planning to attend the assembly.